Local and Regional
- Neuter / Spay Oregon – Oregon statewide spay / neuter referral resource
- The Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon (Portland, Oregon)
- Cat Adoption Team (Sherwood, Oregon)
- Clatsop Animal Assistance (Warrenton, Oregon)
- Clatsop Animal Shelter (Warrenton, Oregon)
- Central Coast Humane Society (Newport, Oregon)
- Washington County Animal Services Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter – 503-846-7041
- Oregon Humane Society 503-285-7722
- Southwest Washington Humane Society 360-693-4746
- Humane Society of Willamette Valley 503-585-5900
- House of Dreams(Portland) 503-262-0763. A non-profit, no-kill cat shelter.
- Second Chance Companions(Battle Ground, WA) 360-687-4569. A non-profit rescue network in Battle Ground Washington.
- Columbia Humane Society(St. Helens) 503-397-4353. A non-profit, no-kill cat and dog shelter in St. Helens.
- Homeward Bound(McMinnville/Dayton) 503 472-0341. A non-profit no-kill animal shelter.
- Salem Friends of Felines(Salem) (503) 581-9444 A 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer run organization
dedicated to reducing the pet over-population problem through our spay
and neuter program. Adoption center is inside PetSmart on Lancaster
Drive in Salem, OR.
- Animal Aid(Portland) 503-292-6628 No-kill shelter for cats and fostered dogs, pet emergency
medical loans, Show & Tell Saturdays, noon-4pm at our shelter and
monthly outreach at Urban Fauna and Western pet. See for details.
- Animal Rescue and Care(Portland) 503-244-9851 A non-profit, all volunteer organization that provides
temporary homes for cats and dogs until permanent homes are found.
- Indigo Rescue(Portland) 503-626-7222 Indigo Rescue is an all volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit
organization whose mission is to end animal abandonment and pet
overpopulation in our community.
- Animal Protection Institute – Animal protection issues and campaigns
- Alley Cat Allies – National feral cat organization
- Feral Cats Fact Sheets – From Alley Cat Allies
- Best Friends – Animal advocacy group dedicated to homeless animals
- The Humane Society of the United States – Rescue and advocacy
- Humane Society Youth – for parents and educators
- Wild about Cats – TNR advocacy
- Can’t afford neutering? Page 1 Page 2
- What You Can Do To Find Your Lost Pet
- How To Socialize Very Shy Cats
- Oregon “minimum care” statutes
- Feral cat trapping instructional video (Best Friends Animal Society)
- 2-week Method for Perfect Cat Introductions (PDF)
- Why you shouldn’t declaw your cats (MS Word) (PDF)
- United Paws Cat Trapping Instructions (PDF)
- TNR for Dummies (MS Word) (PDF)
- Playing God – An article about TNR (MS Word) (PDF)
- Cats aren’t Dogs – How to handle cats (MS Word) (PDF)
- Dog Tips for Happy Homes and Neighbors (MS Word) (PDF)
- Marking/Spraying issues in male and female cats (PDF)
- Litter box issues (PDF)
- Kitten Rescue (MS Word) (PDF)
- You do not have to get rid of your cat (MS Word) (PDF)
- How to live with cats in your neighborhood – from Alley Cat Allies (PDF)
- Why United Paws Feeds Feral Cats September 2011